Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Positivity is Key

Looking back over my life I've realized I've had a lot of seconds, almost's and not quite's. I was 1st Runner up in the Miss Indianapolis Black Expo pageant. The second child in my family. I was 1st Attendant to Miss Kentucky State University. I've loved so hard and it almost worked. I thought I was up for a promotion but not quite. I've had a lot of disappointments but in the end, I'm still grateful.

Grateful that I woke up this morning. That I have a roof over my head. I have food to eat. I have a well paying job. I have a family who loves me unconditionally. I have the best friends a person could ever ask for. And I live in one of the best cities in the world!

One may ask, "How do you stay positive when you feel like your life is full of letdowns?"  My answer would be to think about all the good things that have happened in life and to press forward.

This week I read a devotional around being thankful and making sure you learn from your mishaps. You never know who may need to see your positivity, enthusiasm or gratefulness if you're constantly dwelling in your sorrows.

Stay positive and in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment