Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My 29th Birthday!!!

Bare with me as this is my first post...

For some reason, I was very excited to turn 29. I don't know if it was because I've heard great things about being in your 30's or because I was celebrating in style in the great city of Toronto but I was overjoyed! 

The celebration started out at a party in NYC called Grits and Biscuits.  It reminds me of being back at my Alma Mater, Kentucky State University, at a Bell Gym party! 

Alex and me at Grits!

I then embarked on a couple of pre-birthday dinners with coworkers and friends and ate until I literally said "I don't want to eat ever again!" :-/ 

First birthday dessert...

My girls at the Meatball Shop!


I woke up on August 2nd ready to board the plane to Toronto! If you've never been you need to go and make sure to take Porter Airlines. They offer free complimentary drinks (including beer and wine), a sandwich box, chips and shuttle service to downtown! We stayed at the beautiful Shangri-La Hotel and I never wanted to leave. Let's just say we had an extreme amount of fun while celebrating my birthday and Caribana 2013.  Here are a few pics from the trip!






Now that I'm officially 29, I'm embarking on a journey until I'm 30. I've created a list of 30 things I want to do before I hit the big 3-0! Check out my list here

I hope you embark on this adventure with me! 

Lauren D. 




No comments:

Post a Comment